Kanakchauri & Kartik Swami Temple: Kanakchauri is a small village located on the Rudraprayag-Pokhri road, just 40 kms from Rudraprayag of the state Uttarakhand. Kanakchauri is famous as the starting point of the beautiful trek to Kartik Swami Temple. This holy temple is dedicated to Lord Kartikeya, the elder son of Lord Shiva, Kartik Swami is a temple of mystic ambiance and exquisite views. On a clear day, the temple which is on top of a hill, provides a 270 degree panoramic view of the Himalaya. The popular Hindu temple is perched on a hilltop at an elevation of 10,000 feet and situated near Kanakchauri Village. The Kartikswami temple is known for its sacredness and for its invigorating 3 km trek (one side) that takes you through the ethereal natural beauty of the hills. The travelers have to pave their way through the dense forest to the ridge from where one can have a stunning view of the sunrise and sunset. The Kartikswami trek offers splendid views of the snowy peaks starting from the Mt. Banderpunch in the west, Mt. Kedarnath Dome, Mt. Chaukhambha, Mt. Neelkanth, Mt. Dronagiri, Mt. Nanda Ghunti, Mt. Trishul, the Mt. Nanda Devi group of peaks, and Meru & Sumeru Parvat. Apart from the breathtaking views and indescribable feeling, the trek to the temple also offers an opportunity for bird watching, camping, and village tourism.
Chopta Valley: Chopta is popularly known as ‘Mini Switzerland’. It is a small region of meadows and evergreen forest area which is a part of kedarnath wildlife sanctuary located in Uttarakhand state, India. Chopta is an unspoiled natural destination lying in the lap of the Uttarakhand Himalayas and offers views of the imposing Himalayan range including Trishul, Nanda Devi and Chaukhamba. It is located at an elevation of 2,680 metres (8,790 ft) above sea level. Chopta village is surrounded by forests of pine, deodar and rhododendron and is rich in flora and fauna include rare species of birds and musk deer.
Tunganath & Chandrashila: Tungnath peacefully adorned on the Chandranath Parvat is the highest Shiva temple in the world and the highest Panchkedar temple of Uttarakhand. Tungnath is the third temple of Panchkedar, which lies 3.5 km away from Chopta. Tungnath is perched at an elevation of 12,083 feet above sea level and is considered to be more than 1,000 years old. This highest temple of Lord Shiva is ironically easiest one to achieve. Chandrashila is summit of the Tungnath . It literally means “Moon Rock”. It is located at a height of about 4,000 metres (13,123 ft) above sea level, which lies 1.5 km away from Tungnath. The majestic Chandrashila summit serves as a vantage point that offers a heavenly panorama of the Great Himalayas. It provides splendid views of the peaks of Mt. Nanda Devi, Mt. Trishul, Mt. Kedar Peak, Mt. Bandarpunch and Mt. Chaukhamba Peak. There are various legends associated with this place. According to one such legend, this is the place where Lord Rama meditated after defeating the demon-king Ravana. Another legend says that moon-god Chandra spent time here in penance. Chandrashila is one of the most popular treks of Uttarakhand that can be undertaken throughout the year. But sometimes during winters the trek route remains hidden under the sheath of snow.
Deoriatal: Deoriatal is a lake about 3 km from the villages of Mastura and Sari on the Ukhimath-Chopta road in Uttarakhand. At an altitude of 7,999 ft, it has heavily wooded, lush green surroundings with snow-covered mountains (Mt. Chaukhamba is one of them) in the backdrop. Deoriatal is a calm and serene lake famous for its mesmerizing reflections of Mt. Chaukhamba Range in the crystal clear water.
Ukhimath: Ukhimath is situated at an elevation of 4,320 feet above sea level in Rudraprayag district of Uttarakhand state. During the winters, the idols from Kedarnath temple, and Madhyamaheshwar are brought to Ukhimath and worshipped here for six months. The idol from Kedarnath are brought here after the festival of Diwali; and from Madhyamaheshwar in November that by the end of the month of May are taken back to their original places. Ukhimath is also the base for the pilgrims visiting tourism destinations like Tungnath ,Deoriatal and Madhyamaheshwar. A sightseeing tour in Ukhimath, takes you to several places from where tourists can see the vivid views of the peaks of Kedarnath, Neelkanth, Nanda Devi, Chaukhamba, Mana Parbat. Ukhimath has many other ancient temples dedicated to several Gods and Goddesses such as Usha, Shiva, Aniruddha, Parvati and Mandhata. Situated on the road connecting Guptkashi with Gopeshwar, the holy town is mainly inhabited by the head priests of Kedarnath known as Rawals.
Itinerary: 4N/ 5D Package
Day 1: Drive from Haridwar to Rudraprayag by Car (162 Km/ 5 hrs).
Once you reach the Haridwar Junction, our representative will receive you with a warm smile. We will drive you to Kanakchauri today. Check in at the hotel or homestay. In the afternoon can go village walk at nearby area. Stay overnight at Rudraprayag.
Day 2: Drive to Kanakchauri then trek to Kartikswami Temple & back (6 Kms/ 5 hrs). Drive to Chopta (120 Km/ 5 hrs).
Early morning trek to Kartikswami Temple (10,000 ft). The trek is of just 3 kms (one side) and can be done easily. Enjoy the majestic sunrise view of mighty Himalayas, visit the temple. Trek back to Kanakchauri. Drive to Chopta (80 Km/ 4 hrs) and stay overnight at Chopta (8,790 ft).
Day 3: Trek to Chandrashila Peak via Tungnath Temple (10 Km/ 6 hrs) and trek down, then drive to Sari Village (22 Km/ 1 hr).
After an early breakfast trek to Tungnath with packed lunch. Tungnath Temple is situated at the height of 12,073 ft. above sea level. After resting for a while, tourists can head out for Chandrashila Peak (13,418 ft). It is total distance of 5 kms from Chopta to Chandrashila Peak. Later trek back for dinner and overnight stay at Sari Village.
Day 4: Trek to Deoriatal and trek down (4 Km/ 4 hrs), then drive to Ukhimath (12 Km/ 30 mnts).
In the morning, wake up with an excellent sunrise view on the snow covered Himalayan Peaks. After breakfast trek to Deoriatal, located at an altitude of 7,709 ft. The reflection of Mt. Chaukhamba in its serene still waters is a view one can’t afford to miss. Descend to Sari village and Overnight stay at Ukhimath (4,300 ft).
Day 5: Drive from Ukhimath to Haridwar by Car (200 Km/ 8 hrs).
Today is the last day of our trip. Wake up in the early morning and enjoy breathtaking sunrise. After breakfast, drive to Haridwar via Rudraprayag.
- Transport: Pickup and Drop in Exclusive Car from Haridwar/ Rishikesh/ Dehradun. The car will stay with you throughout the trip. The car is available for the above mentioned itinerary only. Driver’s food and accommodation.
- Accommodation: Accommodation in Hotel/ Homestay at Rudraprayag/ Kanakchauri, Chopta, Sari & Ukhimath. Accommodation is double or triple share basis.
- Food: Food Package starts from Lunch on Day 1 and ends at Lunch on Day 5. We provide food (Veg/ Non-veg) 4 times (Breakfast, Lunch/ Packed Lunch, Evening snack and Dinner) in a day.
- Forest Permit costs.
- Assistance by our representatives during airport/ station transfers.
- Entrance fees at the monuments or temples.
- Personal Expenses: Entry Fees of any sightseeing destinations, Camera or video camera permits.
- Meals not mentioned in inclusions.
- Any kind of insurance.
- Anything not mentioned in the itinerary.
Payment Policy (Advance Booking Fee):
- Register your name 120 days before of Date of Journey: 20% of total trip cost.
- 90 days or more before of Date of Journey: 30% of total trip cost.
- 75 – 60 days before of Date of Journey: 50% of total trip cost.
- 45 – 30 days before of Date of Journey: 70% of total trip cost.
- 15 – 10 days before of Date of Journey: 100% of total trip cost.
- The booking stands liable to be cancelled if 100% payment is not received less than 10 days before date of departure.
- Age Limit: No less for age of 12 and above, 20% less for age of 5 to 11 yrs, 50% less below 5 yrs with seat, Free upto 3 yrs without seat.
Cancellation & Refund Policy:
- Cancel between Registration day to 30 days before the Date of Journey: 70% of total return.
- Cancel between 29 days to 15 days before the Date of Journey: 50% of total return.
- Cancel between 14 days to 7 days before the Date of Journey: 25% of total return.
- Cancel between 6 days to 0 days before the Date of Journey: No return.
- You can save your full money in BOUDES WALLET for your next trip with BOUDES. Next selected Trip date should be within 6 month of your cancellation day.