Mirik: Mirik is a picturesque village nestled in the serene hills of Darjeeling district in West Bengal, India. It is located at an altitude of 4,905 ft, famous for its orange orchard is none other than ‘Mirik’ pronounced as ‘Mir Yok’ which in Lepcha words means a place burnt by fire. Mirik is surrounded by lush tea gardens, orange orchards, cardamom plantations and forests of tall, dark Japanese ceders which are a quite alluring sight for any nature lover. The centre of all attraction is the Sumendu lake, surrounded by a garden on one side and pine trees on the other and linked together by an arching footbridge called Indreni Pull (Rainbow Bridge). A 3.5-km-long road encircles the lake and is used for walks with the view of Kanchenjunga on the far horizon. Boating on the quaint lake and pony riding are available.
Tabakoshi: Tabakoshi is a newly found gem far away from the madding crowd of Mirik and Darjeeling, located just beside Rangbhang River, within the Gopaldhara Tea Estate. Tabakoshi tea village is a small hamlet on the lap of the nature at an extreme remote location. From Mirik at a distance of 8 kilometers is Tabakoshi. Situated at an elevation of about 3000 feet (approx). The winter at Tabakoshi is cool but not chilly and the summer is very soothing. Around Rangbhang River varieties colours of nature are spread through, one needs to experience by their own eyes. Tabakoshi is such a hamlet, around which several tea gardens are spread out. Come and explore the unspoiled edge of nature and spend a pleasurable day or two with friends and family.
Lepchajagat: Lepchajagat is a serene hamlet located in wilderness at an altitude of 6,956 ft and 67 kms away from Siliguri. Only 19 kms from the Queen of Hills Darjeeling, Lepchajagat is hidden jewel which is free from the tourist rush. As the name suggests, it once used to be a hamlet of the Lepcha Tribes. The word ‘Jagat’ actually means ‘the world’, so it was the world of the Lepchas. One of the specialties of Lepchajagat is that all the five peaks of the Kanchenjunga can be viewed from Lepchajagat. Particularly during early morning, just after the break of dawn, the sun casts a rich, golden glow on the five peaks of the mountain range, and combined with the peace and tranquility and the clear, cloudless sky, makes for a truly magical experience. Visitors will greatly enjoy traversing the beautiful pine, oak and rhododendron forests that abound in Lepchajagat. Not only do they offer great places to walk, hike or even camp, but also fresh, unspoiled air, glimpses of frolicking birds and fleeting animals like hares and occasional leopards. Together with the beauty of colorful blossoms in full bloom and the verdant greenery of coniferous trees, the forests of Lepchajagat are truly a picture postcard come alive.
Tonglu: Tonglu is a small mountain hamlet, located at the edge of the Singalila National Park & situated at an altitude of 10,130 ft in Darjeeling district in West Bengal. It is a preferred destination for trekkers on the way to Sandakphu. It is a 11 km trek from Maneybhanjan. During April-May you can spot Rhododendrons welcoming you on your way. The view of Mt. Kanchenjunga and other snow-capped mountain of Eastern Himalayas is really breathtaking. Tonglu is a miniature form of Sandakphu as far as the view of snow ranges is concerned. Watching the sunrise over the snow ranges from the trekkers’ hut in Tonglu is a memorable experience. The landscape will heal your pain to reach here for sure.
Sillery Gaon: Sillery Gaon, a pristine village is an ideal place to escape from bustling city life, Situated at an altitude of 6,000 ft in Kalimpong subdivision of Darjeeling hill. Sillery is a newly discovered offbeat destination which is popular among those who like to enjoy the charm off Mt Kanchenjunga as a backdrop of lush green deep pine forest along with different species of flora and fauna. During sunrise Mt Kanchenjunga can be seen very clearly from here, which makes it an ideal location for photography. Tourists can enjoy to visit places in Sillery Gaon are Ramitey View Point, Tinchuley View Point, Damsang Fort etc. At a glance Sillery Gaon is a place which offers exceptional natural beauty and to lure spending some peaceful time here.
Reshikhola: Rishikhola is a small valley situated on the bank of the river Reshi at an altitude of 2,000 ft in the Kalimpong subdivision of Darjeeling district. ‘Khola’ in the local language means stream and Rishikhola the place derives its name from the stream itself. Rishikhola is located at a distance of 36 km from Kalimpong. Riverside camping is one of the favored tourist activities in Rishikhola. Surrounded by lush green forest and lofty mountains Rishikhola is a perfect stopover for tourists intending to visit the legendary silk route which use to be the trade route between India and Tibet. Rishikhola is a birding paradise for all the passionate bird watchers. April-May is considered the best time to spot maximum numbers of migratory birds in Rishikhola.
Itinerary: 5N / 6D Package
Day 1: Arrival at Siliguri/ NJP Railway Station and Drive to Tabakoshi by Car (60 Km/ 3 hrs).
Meet & greet on arrival at NJP / Siliguri and transfer you to Tabakoshi, a scenic hamlet just a few kilometers away from Mirik. In the middle your journey, you can explore some of the Mirik’s tourist places such as the Mirik Lake, Bokar Monastery etc. Stay Overnight at Camp/ Homestay in Tabakoshi.
Day 2: Drive from Tabakoshi to Lepcha Jagat by Car (20 Km/ 1 hrs).
After Breakfast, check out hotel and drive to Lepcha Jagat. Check in at the homestay after reaching Lepcha Jagat. Lepcha Village located on a hill slope covered with rhododendron and oaks a forest bungalow offers magnificent views of Kunchenjunga snow ranges over the forested hills. Stay overnight at Homestay in Lepcha Jagat.
Day 3: Whole day Sightseeing in Darjeeling.
Check out from hotel, transfer to Darjelling in the early morning, en route visit local sightseeing like Ghoom Monastery and Batasia Loop. After breakfast visit HMI, P. N. Zoological Park, Ropeway and Japanese Temple. After evening shopping in the Mall & Chowk Bazar, drive back in Lepcha Jagat. Stay Overnight at Homestay in Lepcha Jagat.
Day 4: Drive from Lepcha Jagat to Sillery Gaon by Car (75 Km/ 3.5 hr).
You will be transferred to Sillery Gaon after having early morning breakfast. After check in homestay you can also do a soft trek to nearby Pine Forest Village. Enjoy the breathtaking Sunset on Mt Kanchenjunga in the afternoon. Stay Overnight at Homestay in Sillery Gaon.
Day 5: Drive from Sillery Gaon to Rishikhola by Car (30 Km/ 2 hr).
After Breakfast, start for Rishikhola from Sillery Gaon. Have lunch at riverside and enjoy the music of Rishi river. You can also indulge your self in the luxury of bathing and fishing in the crystal clear Rishi river. Stay Overnight at Homestay in Rishikhola.
Day 6: Drive from Rishikhola to Siliguri/ NJP by Car (100/ 5 hrs).
Today is the last day of our trip. After breakfast drive to Siliguri/ NJP by Car and end our trip.
Best Time to Go: October – May.
- Transport: Pickup and Drop in Exclusive Car from Haridwar/ Rishikesh/ Dehradun. The car will stay with you throughout the trip. The car is available for the above mentioned itinerary only. Driver’s food and accommodation.
- Accommodation: Accommodation in Hotel/ Homestay Tabakoshi, Lepcha Jagat, Sillery Gaon & Rishikhola. Accommodation is double or triple share basis.
- Food: Food Package starts from Lunch on Day 1 and ends at Lunch on Day 6. We provide food (Veg/ Non-veg) 4 times (Breakfast, Lunch/ Packed Lunch, Evening snack and Dinner) in a day.
- Forest Permit costs.
- Assistance by our representatives during airport/ station transfers.
- Entrance fees at the monuments or temples.
- Personal Expenses: Entry Fees of any sightseeing destinations, Camera or video camera permits.
- Meals not mentioned in inclusions.
- Any kind of insurance.
- Anything not mentioned in the itinerary.
Payment Policy (Advance Booking Fee):
- Register your name 120 days before of Date of Journey: 20% of total trip cost.
- 90 days or more before of Date of Journey: 30% of total trip cost.
- 75 – 60 days before of Date of Journey: 50% of total trip cost.
- 45 – 30 days before of Date of Journey: 70% of total trip cost.
- 15 – 10 days before of Date of Journey: 100% of total trip cost.
- The booking stands liable to be cancelled if 100% payment is not received less than 10 days before date of departure.
- Age Limit: No less for age of 12 and above, 20% less for age of 5 to 11 yrs, 50% less below 5 yrs with seat, Free upto 3 yrs without seat.
Cancellation & Refund Policy:
- Cancel between Registration day to 30 days before the Date of Journey: 70% of total return.
- Cancel between 29 days to 15 days before the Date of Journey: 50% of total return.
- Cancel between 14 days to 7 days before the Date of Journey: 25% of total return.
- Cancel between 6 days to 0 days before the Date of Journey: No return.
- You can save your full money in BOUDES WALLET for your next trip with BOUDES. Next selected Trip date should be within 6 month of your cancellation day.