Guwahati: Famously regarded as the gateway to North-East India, Guwahati is the largest city in the state of Assam. It lies along the Brahmaputra River. The ancient cities of Pragjyotishpura and Durjaya (North Guwahati) were the capitals of the Hindu kingdom of Kamarupa about 400 CE. Many ancient Hindu temples like the Kamakhya Temple and Umananda Temple are in the city, giving it the name ‘City of Temples’. Others tourist destinations which you can visit Assam State Museum, Guwahati Zoo, Guwahati Planetarium, Basistha Asram etc.
Nameri National Park: The Nameri National Park of 200 sq. kms. area is located in the Sonitpur district of Assam, bordering Arunachal Pradesh and it is also the core area of Nameri Tiger Reserve (344 Sq. Km). Set in the foothills of Eastern Himalayas along the banks of a tributary of River Brahmaputra, it is a natural heaven. The wildlife sanctuary is a birdwatcher’s haven as around 300 species of birds and migratory birds can be seen. Nameri Eco Camp is the only jungle accommodation of the national park. The organized campsite is maintained by an NGO. Camping in Nameri offers opportunity of river rafting in the Jia Bhoroli River, bird watching, tiger spotting, safari and trekking. Spending time in the natural territory gives memorable experiences.
Dirang: Dirang is a village in the Indian state of Arunachal Pradesh. West Kameng is the name of the district that contains village Dirang. Situated at an altitude of 4910 ft above the sea level, Dirang is a mesmerizing halt on the way to Tawang. Dirang is located on a picturesque valley in between Bomdilla and Tawang and due to its lower altitude than Bomdila the weather is much milder & comfortable, a constant wind blows along the river valley making it a very pleasant place to stay. The spectacular natural view of Dirang surely makes the visitors spell bound. The biggest symbol is the Dirang Dzong, a 150-year old fort. Another attraction in Dirang is the hot spring which you will find on the way to Tawang.
Tawang: Nestled in the lap of snow clad Himalayan Ranges and blessed with breath-taking natural panoramas, Tawang is such a piece of paradise between India and Tibet. Tawan is situated at a height of about 10,000 ft. in the northwestern part of Arunachal Pradesh of India, is known for many important and beautiful monasteries and is famous as the birth place of Dalai Lama. The Tawang Monastery, second largest monastery in the world after Potala Palace in Tibet being the most popular one and extremely sacred for the Buddhists. The Sela Pass with an elevation of 13,700 feet is the connector between Assam and the Buddhist town of Tawang. The Pass which keeps itself hidden under the blanket of snow almost throughout the year. Tawang is famous for Madhuri Lake, known initially as Sangester Tso Lake and Tawang War Memorial.
Bomdila: Bomdila is situated an average elevation of 7,273 ft. It is the headquarters of West Kameng District in Arunachal Pradesh. The small town of Bomdila is perched amongst the panoramic settings of the lofty ranges of the eastern Himalayas. Bomdila is known for its scenic environs along with its Buddhist monasteries and apple orchids. Bomdila Monastery is very famous with tourists. It also attracts the adventure seeker with its numerous trekking trails.
Itinerary: 6N / 7D Package
Day 1: Arrival at Guwahati Railway Station.
Your trip with Boundless Destination begins with your arrival at Guwahati Station/ Airport. Our representative will be waiting to welcome you at the airport or station. After check in hotel, visit Guwahati Zoo, Assam State Museum, Guwahati Planetarium. In the afternoon, be ready to go on a pilgrim tour in Guwahati. We visit Kamakhya Temple, Balaji Temple, Umananda Temple, Basistha Ashram. Stay overnight at hotel in Guwahati.
Day 2: Drive from Guwahati to Nameri Eco Camp by Car (200 Km/ 7 hrs).
After breakfast, check out hotel & drive to Nameri. Nameri is situated within the foothills of Eastern Himalayas. Upon reaching transfer to the Nature camp. After check in the camp, you can enjoy rafting in the river Jia Bhorolli & walk in the deep forest with guide. in the evening enjoy bonfire arrange by the camp. Overnight stay in camp.
Day 3: Drive from Nameri Camp to Dirang by Car (165 Km/ 6.5 hrs).
Morning after breakfast, drive to Dirang. Enroute visit Tippi Orchid Centre. Arunachal, the ‘Orchid Paradise’ is famed to have the largest variety of orchids in India. Dirang is an almost picture-perfect Tibetan – Monpa stone village marred only by the main road. Above the picturesque stone houses rises a steep rocky hill topped with Old Dirangs Gompa and several walls. Stay overnight at Hotel in Dirang.
Day 4: Drive from Dirang to Tawang via Sela Pass by Car (135 Km/ 5 hrs).
Check out hotel after breakfast. drive for Tawang (10,000 ft). Enroute witness the unique Dirang Valley famous for its monasteries, hot Springs, Apple & Kiwi Orchards, sheep breeding farms & charming valleys. Also witness the snowcapped Sella Pass at 13,700 ft, the Jaswant Garh War Memorial and Jung Falls.Come back in hotel & stay overnight in Tawang.
Day 5: Enjoy whole day sightseeing in Tawang.
After a delicious breakfast, drive to Bum La Pass which is around 25 km from Tawang. Bum La Pass has an immense historical significance. Visit the famous Madhuri Lake, known initially as Sangester Tso Lake. After lunch, proceed for sightseeing of 400 years (17th century) old Tawang Monastery which is the second largest monastery in the world after Potala Palace in Tibet. Later visit Tawang War Memorial, a 40-foot-high multi-hued memorial, has a structure constructed in stupa design. Dedicated to the martyrs of Sino-Indo War held in 1962. Stay at Hotel in Tawang.
Day 6: Drive from Tawang to Bomdila by Car (177 Km/ 6.5 hrs).
After breakfast in the morning, transfer to Bomdila. After check in hotel you can go for local sightseeing like Bomdila Monastery, Bomdila View Point, Upper Gompa, Apple orchards & snow-capped Himalayan peaks etc. Explore the town in the afternoon. Stay overnight at Hotel in Bomdila.
Day 7: Drive from Bomdila to Guwahati Railway Station by Car (266 Km/ 8 hrs).
After Breakfast drive to Guwahati Airport/ Station to board your flight/train to your hometown & end our familiar trip.
Best Time to Go: October – May.
- Transport: Pickup and Drop in Exclusive Car from NJP/ Bagdogra/ Siliguri. The car will stay with you throughout the trip. The car is available for the above mentioned itinerary only. Driver’s food and accommodation.
- Accommodation: Accommodation in Hotel/ Homestay at Guwahati, Nameri National Park, Dirang, Tawang and Bomdila. Accommodation is double or triple share basis.
- Food: Food Package starts from Lunch on Day 1 and ends at Lunch on Day 7. We provide food (Veg/ Non-veg) 4 times (Breakfast, Lunch, Evening snack and Dinner) in a day.
- Forest Permit costs.
- Assistance by our representatives during airport/ station transfers.
- Entrance fees at the monuments or temples.
- Personal Expenses: Entry Fees of any sightseeing destinations, Camera or video camera permits.
- Meals not mentioned in inclusions.
- Any kind of insurance.
- Anything not mentioned in the itinerary.
Payment Policy (Advance Booking Fee):
- Register your name 120 days before of Date of Journey: 20% of total trip cost.
- 90 days or more before of Date of Journey: 30% of total trip cost.
- 75 – 60 days before of Date of Journey: 50% of total trip cost.
- 45 – 30 days before of Date of Journey: 70% of total trip cost.
- 15 – 10 days before of Date of Journey: 100% of total trip cost.
- The booking stands liable to be cancelled if 100% payment is not received less than 10 days before date of departure.
- Age Limit: No less for age of 12 and above, 20% less for age of 5 to 11 yrs, 50% less below 5 yrs with seat, Free upto 3 yrs without seat.
Cancellation & Refund Policy:
- Cancel between Registration day to 30 days before the Date of Journey: 70% of total return.
- Cancel between 29 days to 15 days before the Date of Journey: 50% of total return.
- Cancel between 14 days to 7 days before the Date of Journey: 25% of total return.
- Cancel between 6 days to 0 days before the Date of Journey: No return.
- You can save your full money in BOUDES WALLET for your next trip with BOUDES. Next selected Trip date should be within 6 month of your cancellation day.